TRENDS IN THE HOUSING Market – DECEMBER 14TH 2017
TRENDS IN THE HOUSING Marketplace – DECEMBER 14TH 2017
New Zealand bans foreigners from buying properties as housing crisis escalates, StatsCan To Unveil Foreign Investor Information On Toronto, Vancouver Housing Markets, High B.C. housing demand, rates fuelled by sturdy economy: Study, Toronto house price tag gains to beat other Canadian cities subsequent year: Royal LePage
From: Mike Martins
Scranton Pennsylvania ~ St. Luke’s Episcopal Church ~ Historic Structure
St. Luke’s Parish was organized in 1851, the identical year that Scranton, a neighborhood of two,000 men and women, officially got its name. From 1853 when the church was consecrated, to 1865 when the railroads had pushed westward from Scranton supplying anthracite coal each to the east and the west, the parish’s development far more than surpassed, in proportion, the development of the city, generating a larger church essential. The architect of the present church was Richard Upjohn of New York, the designer of Trinity Church on Wall Street. They broke ground at the existing site in 1865 and the initial service was held in the church on July 1, 1871. Building was delayed due to the swampy situations of the construction web site and a miners’ strike. The church was designed in Victorian Gothic style with pointed windows and arches, and exterior buttresses to assistance the walls, which are produced of locally-quarried stone. On Easter Day 1905, the worshippers saw for the initial time a rebuilt altar and reredos, improvements in the chancel, the new baptistery, and new decorations. The altar, reredos, and the window, depicting Christ’s Ascension, have been developed by Louis Comfort Tiffany, and the altar was built by the Whitman Organization in Philadelphia. The altar is white statuary marble, and the reredos is sculpted from caen stone. The church has a long history of supplying social services to the neighborhood. Following the national trend of Episcopal parishes, St. Luke’s opened a Parish Residence whose principal goal was to be of service to the neighborhood. A present to the church in memory of some of its founders, Throop Memorial Parish Property was constructed in 1898 next to the church.
By Onasill ~ Bill Badzo on 2002-08-01 00:00:00